I had some yogurt I wanted to use up, when I found this recipe on Six Sisters' Stuff I figured this would be a great way to do it. The chicken was perfectly moist, had a bit of tartness from the yogurt, and really flavourful. I loved it! Great, simple and healthy recipe :)
Yogurt Breaded Chicken Breasts
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1¼ cup bread crumbs (I used whole-wheat saltine crackers crushed with a food processor)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Pound chicken down to desired thickness (mine was about a centimetre thick).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle ¼ cup breadcrumbs on a 15x10x1" pan (this will keep the chicken from getting soggy at the bottom).
- In a shallow bowl, stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano and italian seasoning. Place the yogurt in another shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on each side. Coat with yogurt and roll in crumb mixture. Place in pan on top of the breadcrumbs.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken isn't pink on the inside and the juices run clear.